When you are arrested for a DUI and your BAC level is .20 or higher in Idaho, you will be charged with an Excessive DUI rather than a typical First Offense DUI. If you get two excessive DUI charges within 10 years, the second excessive DUI charge will be charged as a felony (see here).
(if you are looking for general DUI information, go here)
The maximum and minimum penalties for a First Offense Excessive DUI in Idaho are as follows:
1. Maximum of 365 days of jail; Minimum of 10 days of jail, the first 48 hours must be consecutive.
2. Maximum fine of $2,000.
3. Mandatory alcohol evaluation.
4. Mandatory alcohol education based on evaluation’s recommendations.
5. Mandatory Victim’s Panel
6. Mandatory 1 year driver’s license suspension; the entire suspension will be absolute (meaning no work privileges whatsoever)
7. Mandatory SR-22 high risk insurance requirement.
If you’ve been charged with a DUI excessive offense in Idaho call an attorney immediately to begin preparing your defense. At Atkinson Law Office we can help you. Call us today. 208-571-0627