Receiving a Felony DUI charge in Idaho can be devastating to your life, freedom, and family. You obtained two prior DUI convictions, or one prior excessive DUI conviction and now a second excessive DUI charge, but a felony charge is a whole new ball game. You will be in a different court, and different possible penalties will apply.
(if you are looking for general information on DUI charges, go here)
If you have been charged with a Felony DUI, the following are the maximum and minimum possible penalties:
1. Maximum of 10 years of prison, in the custody of the Idaho State Board of Correction.
2. Minimum of 30 days of jail, the first 48 hours must be consecutive, and 10 of the 30 days must be served in the jail (as opposed to community service, work release, or sheriff’s inmate labor detail which are outside the jail).
3. Maximum $5,000 fine.
4. Mandatory alcohol evaluation.
5. Mandatory alcohol education based on evaluation’s recommendations.
6. Mandatory Victim’s Panel
7. Mandatory 1 year driver’s license suspension; the entire suspension will be absolute (meaning no work privileges whatsoever)
8. After your mandatory 1 year license suspension your vehicle must be equipped with a functioning ignition interlock system if you wish to drive it.
9. Mandatory SR-22 high risk insurance requirement.
If you have been charged with a Felony Driving Under the Influence of Alcohol charge in Idaho, it is imperative that you contact a Lawyer immediately. Call our office today. 208-571-0627