Have you been charged with a DUI Idaho for the second time in 10 years? The maximum and minimum penalties are enhanced when you get charged with a DUI for the second time. The DUI is still a misdemeanor (as long as this isn’t your second excessive DUI), but you face stiffer penalties.
(If you are looking for general information on DUI charges, go here.)
If you are convicted of a DUI in Idaho for the second time, the maximum and minimum penalties are as follows:
1. Maximum of 365 days of jail; Minimum of 10 days of jail, the first 48 hours must be consecutive, and 5 of the 10 days must be served in the jail (as opposed to community service, work release, or sheriff’s inmate labor detail which are outside the jail).
2. Maximum fine of $2,000.
3. Mandatory alcohol evaluation.
4. Mandatory alcohol education based on evaluation’s recommendations.
5. Mandatory Victim’s Panel
6. Mandatory 1 year driver’s license suspension; the entire suspension will be absolute (meaning no work privileges whatsoever)
7. After your mandatory 1 year license suspension your vehicle must be equipped with a functioning ignition interlock system if you wish to drive it.
8. Mandatory SR-22 high risk insurance requirement.
If you’ve been charged with a DUI second offense in Idaho call an attorney immediately to begin preparing your defense. At Atkinson Law Office we can help you. Call us today. 208-571-0627